Fluid Exchange Services in Edmonton, AB
Get your vehicle’s fluid checked and changed from the team at Alberta Honda!
Clean Fluids are Vital for Vehicle Health
Many people often take the fluids in their vehicle for granted. But like the blood in our bodies, fluid in your vehicle provides some of the most vital functions, ensuring everything is operating smoothly, o your vehicle gets you where you need to go. Your vehicle’s fluids help with everything from your engine to the transmission, as well as various components from the front to the rear of your vehicle are made up of metal parts that need to stay lubricated and stabilized to work at optimal working temperature.
Unfortunately, fluids break down and evaporate over time, , which means you need to check them regularly to see if they need replacing or refilling. Clean and proper fluid levels are vital to your vehicle’s long-term health and neglecting to pay attention to them can lead to catastrophic events, so make sure to keep up with regular maintenance. Our expert staff at Alberta Honda will inspect all of your vehicle’s fluids, exchanging what needs to be removed and top up what needs refilling.
We Check the Essential Fluids
Our expert Alberta Honda service team will go over all your vehicle’s main fluids, to check their condition and level. This includes:
- Engine Oil – Oil condition and level are indicators of not only its own health but also that of the oil filter. We’ll inspect the condition of your oil and let you know whether or not it’s time to change it.
- Antifreeze / Coolant – Proper coolant levels are critical to ensure your engine runs at a consistent and safe temperature. We’ll check its level and blend ratio of antifreeze vs. water.
- Transmission Fluid – It has to be changed less often, but ensuring it’s in good condition is vital for smooth gear shifting.
- Brake Fluid – Air in your brake lines causes them to not function as well, so we’ll make sure your vehicle’s brake fluid levels are at optimal health and level.
- Windshield Washer – A clear view is always essential. Windshield washer top-ups are standard in our services.
- Air Conditioning (A/C) – If desired, we’ll check the status of your vehicle’s air conditioning fluid. Getting your cold air ready for summer is as easy as a trip to Alberta Honda.
How Often Do I Need My Fluid Changed?
What follows is a typical convention on when fluids in your vehicle need to be changed, under general guidelines and vehicle use. Beyond these regular maintenance milestones, it’s always a good idea to reset your basic fluids whenever the seasons change to make sure you’re ready for the different weather and road conditions.
- Engine Oil: Every three months or 8,000 km (5,000 miles)
- Coolant: Every 50,000 km (30,000 miles)
- Brake Fluid: Every 70,000 km (45,000 miles)
- Transmission Fluid: 95,000 km (60,000 miles)
Schedule a Fluid Exchange Appointment at Alberta Honda
Extend the life of your vehicle and make sure you’re ready for the coming season with our fluid exchange services from the Alberta Honda service department. Visit us at 9525 127 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5E 6M7 or give our expert service staff a call at 780-474-8595 if you have any further questions regarding your vehicle’s fluids.