How to Change your Honda Key Battery
How to Change your Honda Key Battery in Edmonton, Alberta
As technology has advanced, the automotive industry has relied on it to make the vehicle ownership experience that much better. One of the most convenient features of current-generation vehicles is the key fob. Many manufactures like Honda offer keyless entry as well. Anything electronic requires a battery to provide its power. A key fob is not different. Don't let a dead battery in your key fob alter your day's plan. At Alberta Honda, we want the residents of Fort Saskatchewan and Alberta to know how to change the battery in their Honda key fob. We are happy to outline the steps you can take to avoid being caught in a rush with a dead battery. Continue reading to find out how!
- Make sure to purchase replacement batteries from Alberta Honda's parts centre to keep as backups, as most Honda models use a 3-volt battery.
- Next, go ahead and release the backup metal key that is slotted in behind the plastic. You will need to slide or push a button to do this. Once you find that button slide it out.
- You will now use that exact key to pry open the key fob. You will find a slot at the top, wedge the key into the slot, and twist. This should cause the two plastic pieces to pop open. You are also welcome to use a flathead screwdriver.
- You should now be able to see the battery, double-check you have the correct replacement battery before you go to the next step.
- Hold the Fobs motherboard together with the back plastic covering by holding it with two fingers.
- Now proceed to take out the old battery by either your fingers, the key, or a flathead screwdriver.
- The next step is to insert the new battery into the vacant slot. Make sure it is in tightly
- Grab the front of the fob and line up it up with the rear piece. Once it is aligned, make sure to press tightly until you hear it snap back into place.
- That's it. You're all done. It wasn't so hard, was it?
If at any time in the process you require assistance or feel more comfortable allowing us to perform the battery swap, don't hesitate to visit us, and we will be more than happy to help. If you have any questions give us a call, we're always here to help!