Honda is harnessing technology and implementing it into their vehicle designs to make roads a safer place to travel. From drivers to passengers, as well as other vehicles and even pedestrians, everyone deserves to stay safe in today’s busy, hectic world. Honda analyzes real-world situations then engineers active technology to assist drivers in a multitude of scenarios for optimal safety.
Honda’s safety technology is already protecting today’s drivers
Over one million Honda vehicles have been equipped with their suite of driver-assisting technologies so far and with more than two-thirds of their 2018 line up also incorporated with Honda sensing, the potential for saving lives is impactful. Experience the higher level of safety for yourself by taking one of the equipped models from Alberta Honda in Edmonton out for a test drive.
What exactly is Honda Sensing?
Honda Sensing is a comprehensive group of active safety technologies that assist drivers is a variety of ways to keep themselves, their passengers, their vehicle, and other people on the road safer by preventing accidents.
What are the Honda Sensing safety features?
The following advanced technologies take the guesswork out of unpredictable driving situations and react for you or help keep you aware of your surroundings at all times and assisting you, ultimately, to be a better driver.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) adjusts steering, keeping you centered in a detected lane
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) adjusts steering and braking when it detects you crossed lanes without signaling
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) maintains a safe, set distance behind detected vehicles you are following while driving
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) applies brake pressure when it determines a collision is unavoidable
- Lane departure Warning (LDW) detects unindicated departures from lanes and notifies you with flash and sound, alerting you to correct drifting in the lane
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) utilizes a windshield camera to detect vehicles in front of you then warns you by activating audio and visual alerts if there is a risk of collision
- Honda LaneWatch utilizes a camera on the passenger-side mirror any time you signal, turning on and displaying live video on your Display Audio Touch-Screen, expanding your view more than four times the average passenger-side mirror
- Blind Spot Information System detects vehicles in an adjacent lane when your turn signal is on then blinks and bleeps until the area is clear for changing lanes or you turn the signal off
- Cross Traffic Monitor alerts the driver with a series of beeps and indicators on the multi-angle, rearview camera display when a detected vehicle is approaching from the side
- Auto High-Beam Headlights enhance nighttime driving by intuitively changing between high and low beams depending on the surrounding conditions when you are driving above 40 km/h and have the headlight lever in low-beam position with the switch turned to AUTO
The future looks much safer behind the wheel of a Honda
By 2022, Honda’s entire line of vehicles will come standard with their suite of Honda sensing technology, delivering overall safer transportation. Not only does it reduce the number of collision-related injuries and saves lives, but it also saves you money by reducing expensive vehicle repair costs or increased insurance rates. Protect yourself, your loved ones, other drivers, and your vehicle by updating your ride to a vehicle that’s equipped with Honda Sensing. Find yours at Alberta Honda in Edmonton.