Top 10 Reasons to Buy an Odyssey at Albert Honda
Minivans are exciting. At least, they can be when you are driving the right one. The Minivan has adopted an unfair stigma, stemming from its reputation for being the go-to vehicle for budding families. The 2016 Honda Odyssey successfully takes this stigma and flips it on its head with its array of Honda-exclusive features and sleek design. With so many reasons why you should make the Honda Odyssey your next vehicle, it’s hard to see why anybody would choose anything else! Here are our top ten favorites.
- 10. Unbeatable Value. The 2016 Honda Odyssey has been dubbed the number one minivan in North America. It is a practical, space-efficient multi-passenger hauling machine. There is no other vehicle on the market that can offer this much cargo space and integrated features, and especially none with such a modest and economical powertrain. You would expect a hefty price tag for a vehicle with such versatility, but the Odyssey actually comes in at a lower price than most comparable models with a starting MSRP of just over $30,000.
- 9. No more blind spots! The highest trim level of the 2016 Honda Odyssey, the Touring Elite, is equipped with a Blind Spot Information System (BSI). This system works by gathering information from two hidden sensors at the back of the van, and then notifies the driver when there is another vehicle in their blind spot.
- 8. Features, features, and more features. The new Honda Odyssey is no stranger to technology. With such features as Bluetooth connectivity, i-MID (Honda’s own intelligent Multi-Information display), an 8-inch TFT screen integrated into the dash, two gigs of internal audio storage and a USB audio port, you will always be connected, no matter how far away your adventure takes you. The higher-end Touring and Touring Elite models are even equipped with Honda’s unique HondaLink system. What really puts the new Odyssey ahead of the competition though, is its built-in HondaVac vacuum cleaner in the rear of the van and its Cool Box in the front designed to keep beverages cold when the weather is hot. Talk about utility on wheels!
- 7. Endless entertainment.We all know that children and car rides mix as well as oil and water sometimes. Honda has found a solution to the boredom and complaining on long trips. The rear entertainment center in the 2016 Odyssey is equipped with a 16.2-inch screen that even has a split-screen option, allowing passengers to watch two different shows. The screen also has an HDMI port, meaning gaming systems and DVD or Blu-ray players can easily be hooked up for additional entertainment.
- 6. Spacious Interior. One major benefit to the 2016 Odyssey is that despite its sleek look, it has tons of interior space. With its factory configuration, it has plenty of space for eight people and everything that they come with. The second and third seats can be reconfigured, rearranged, folded down or easily removed to give you all of the cargo room you could ever need.
- 5. Smooth styling. While most comparable brands have continued to design boxes on wheels, the Odyssey is a sleek and sporty alternative. It has a modern look that stands out from the competition, and with recent aesthetic upgrades, it even has an edgy, aggressive appeal to it.
- 4. Practical versatility. The 2016 Honda Odyssey is an impressively comfortable, luxurious vehicle. But for the benefit of that luxury, we do not lose power. With a full load, the Odyssey will easily take on any mountain road or city street. Its modest but mighty powertrain is also fuel efficient, giving you the best of all worlds.
- 3. Proactive handling. For an efficient road warrior, the Odyssey has better handling than any other vehicle in its class. It performs like a car, with confident acceleration and powerful passing on the highway. Less body roll also makes it a more comfortable, relaxing ride than the competition. Active noise cancellation and active engine mounts work tirelessly to eliminate road noise and vibration sounds coming from the cylinder deactivation system, making for a quieter and more refined driving experience.
- 2. Frugal fuel efficiency. Gas prices are soaring more and more each day. The 2016 Honda Odyssey in Edmonton is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 248 horsepower. With an economy of 22 combined miles per gallon, all of that power doesn’t come with a high price tag for fuel, putting it ahead of its closest competition and making it the ideal vehicle for moving large groups.
- 1. Safety Safety is Honda’s number one concern when designing a vehicle, especially in designing a vehicle built to carry the most precious of your cargo: your children. Their extra diligence in this area shines through the IIHS’s safety tests, ranking it one of the safest vehicles on the road. Added safety features standard to the 2016 Honda Odyssey, such as a rear-view camera, antilock brakes, and automatic traction control are designed to give you added peace of mind behind the wheel. Honda’s innovative Forward Collision warning system uses a hidden radar and camera system to give you a warning if a collision is imminent, and their Lane Departure warning system notifies you if you are about to change lanes without signalling. Both are revolutionary safety systems designed to keep you and your family safe.
If you are in the market for a reliable family vehicle, the 2016 Honda Odyssey is without a doubt your best bet. There is a reason it is consistently ranked the best vehicle in its class, and that reason is quality. Honda is known for creating quality products that perform well and keep you safe. So, give the Honda Odyssey at Alberta Honda a shot. So few things are a sure bet in this world, but this is one of them.